A heaven of peace
Just 15 minutesfrom Paris
Situated in the heart of the Hauts-de-Seine, the historic town of Rueil-Malmaison is full of charm and has an imperial past. It once hosted a legendary couple; none other than Napoleon Bonaparte and his Empress Josephine. A heritage trail in 10 stages tells the story of the imperial years.
A town that is developing rapidly, Rueil-Malmaison will soon join the Metropolis of Greater Paris, a new administrative unit formed by the capital and its suburbs with the intention of providing a better quality of life in a sustainable city.
The Banks of the Seine have been the location of many dance halls that hosted renowned painters such as Renoir, Monet, Manet and many others. These Impressionist artists shared their story in their work.
Nature lovers are not neglected, as the imperial town is full of parks and gardens, offering tranquillity and wellbeing.
Situated close to the Défense business district, the lovely commune of Saint-Germain-en-Laye, and the Palace of Versailles, Rueil-Malmaison has many assets:
- The Castel of the Petite Malmaison
- The castel of Bois-Préau
- The Museum of National du Château de la Malmaison
- The Museum des Gardes Suisses
- The Museum d'Histoire locale
- The church Saint-Pierre-Saint-Paul
How to reach this haven of peace ?
Only 15 minutes from Paris and the famous Défense business district, the Relais de la Malmaison offers an ideal location in the Hauts-de-Seine.
Par la RN13 depuis Porte Maillot, par la RN190 depuis Nanterre, par l’A86 depuis Saint -Denis
- RER A direction Saint-Germain-en-Laye, arrêt Rueil-Malmaison
- Bus 144 La Défense – Rueil-Malmaison RER, arrêt au terminus
- Bus 244 Porte Maillot – Rueil-Malmaison RER, arrêt au terminus